Battery Back Up
If there is a power outage, your home phone service may be interrupted unless you have a battery backup in place. To ensure your phone service remains available in the event of a power outage, you can purchase a battery backup directly from Southern Montana Telephone.
Southern Montana Telephone offers a 12 hour battery backup for a one-time, $50 charge. Southern Montana Telephone also offers a 24 hour battery option. Please call our office at (406) 689-3333 for pricing. Once purchased, you own the battery.
*Only corded phones that do not need an outlet will work on the battery back up.
Terms & Conditions
- Battery usage. The battery is for use only with Southern Montana Telephone phone service.
- Life of the battery. Southern Montana Telephone offers batteries that provide up to 12 hours of standby power. Battery time depends on the age of the battery and whether the battery is kept in a cold, warm, or unclean environment. To extend the battery life time during an outage, limit the use of phone service to emergency calls only.
- Storing your battery. The backup battery can be safely stored within the following temperature range: 40°F to 100°F.
- Testing and monitoring. You are responsible for monitoring the status of the battery and for ensuring that the battery is charging and operating normally. You should monitor the condition of your battery at least twice per year.
- Replacement and warranty. Southern Montana Telephone does not replace batteries.