Southern Montana Telephone Company (SMTC), located in one of the most beautiful rural parts of southwestern Montana, is searching for a Network Technician with IT expertise due to retirement. SMTC serves approximately 950 voice customers, 100 IPTV customers, and 550 broadband customers across 2,100 square miles. Over half our customers are served via fiber-to- the-home. SMTC has seven employees.
The Network Technician maintains the Company’s voice, data, and video networks including Calix equipment, routers, firewalls, switches/hubs, and servers to help SMTC achieve its mission to be a world class communications company. Researches new technologies and assists in planning network configuration, system design and upgrades, and testing new equipment. This position requires particular emphasis on maintaining high quality service and providing strong network support.
Education and Experience:
Associate’s Degree and/or hands-on experience in telecommunications technology, switching, information systems, or the equivalent. Experience with Calix network components in both fiber and copper networks a plus. An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of communications technology and industry trends including video networks, telecommunication networks, data networks, Voice over IP systems, and network management.
- Knowledge or proven ability to quickly learn Calix network components including CMS and Compass.
- Understanding of the design and operation of networks, including video head-end, digital central office switching, fiber optic facilities, subscriber carrier, subscriber loop plant, and circuit design.
- Skill working with Cisco routers, switches/hubs, and servers.
- Skill in analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports and other documents such as maps, staking sheets, operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Montana driver’s license.
- Ability to perform on-site review and analysis of SMTC facilities requiring travel by foot, all-terrain vehicle, truck, and various other means of transportation as may be available, in varying and often extreme climactic conditions.
- Ability to think independently and make data-driven decisions in a timely manner. Exhibits sound judgment and supports and explains reasons for decisions.
1. Provide subject matter expertise for all electronic components of the company’s voice, data, and video networks:
- Researches new technologies and assists in planning network configuration, system upgrades and design, and testing new equipment.
- Manage the installation, repair and maintenance of switching, transmission, data, and video equipment including new customer installations.
- Anticipate problem areas and develop preventative maintenance procedures to extend plant usefulness and avoid unnecessary outages.
- Plans technology updates and system upgrades, as necessary. Develops project specifications, obtains quotes, and evaluates vendor responses.
- Maintains appropriate level of access security for all electronic components in the network.
- Ensures appropriate access security for all devices connected to the network.
2. Provide support for construction, maintenance, and servicing copper and fiber cable:
- Troubleshoot both fiber and copper plant.
- Weekend and Holiday on-call rotation.
- Performs combination technician duties on occasion and works with outside plant staff as needed.
3. Responsible for using SMTC network facilities to achieve world class customer satisfaction, including, but not limited to:
- Help manage central office switching and remote facilities.
- Assist with development of innovative methods to market services offered and increase
- Understanding of industry trends including researching and anticipating future customer
- Respond promptly to customer concerns and problems.
If this describes you and your ideal career and you have a desire to live in prime hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation country please submit your resume along with salary expectations no later than August 31, 2016 to LMason@SMTel.com.
Southern Montana Telephone - P.O. Box 205 - Wisdom - MT - 59761